Friday, March 20, 2009

Just a thought

So I was talking to an old friend this morning and he informed me that our old Spanish teacher had experienced a stroke. It through me for a loop. There is a long story behind this. I wont go into it. However it made me realise that even when you think you've dealth with and moved passed some things in your life until you truly deal with them they will keep creeping up. This old friend was my first boyfriend in highschool that cheated on me and ended up marrying the girl. Only later they got divorced. The teacher was like a mother to him. Since we both had AP Spanish with her she would often tell me to get over him after he finally told me he was with someone else. Imagine 3yrs in her class and the last 2 you had to deal with listening to her and looking at him!!!! I now think back on it and go WOW. We are now friends and i've learned alot about what he was having to deal with in his family and why she became his second mother. It's amazing what a difference knowing all the facts makes. I stayed angry with him for several years. When we finally caught up (Facebook) he felt obligated to explain everything and apologize. I never relaised how hurt I had been until he apologized. Nor did I realize how much this one relationship affected all the rest to follow.

0 comments: